The issue of facial beauty, wrinkles, edema, and the reasons for their occurrence, taking into account an integrated approach, fits into the framework of fitness. But fitness trainers ignore this topic, believing that this is the field of cosmetology. So, what are the main causes of wrinkles, and how to get rid of them?
Problem Behind Wrinkles
Every day, our face makes thousands of muscle contractions while we smile, laugh, resent and get angry, expressing our emotions through facial expressions.
At a very young age, due to its elasticity, the skin quickly returns to its original state as soon as the facial muscles involved in facial expressions relax. But over time, the structure of the skin changes, its elasticity is lost, and in the place of muscle contractions, small creases are formed, which are called mimic wrinkles.
Mimic wrinkles are the first messengers of age-related skin changes. And in order to preserve the youthfulness of the skin as long as possible, you need to contact a specialist: a cosmetologist will help you choose the right skincare and select a method for the prevention and correction of mimic wrinkles.
Signals to Be Considered
Doctors-cosmetologists, masseurs, fascial specialists examine not only the face but the cervical and thoracic regions. Body condition affects the face. Therefore, a specialist in working with movement is indirectly related to working with a person and must know the principles of working with it.
Creases, wrinkles on the client’s face should be a signal for the trainer about possible problems in the endocrine system. Then the fitness trainer should recommend that the client see a doctor. Most likely, the examination will reveal the deep reasons for the changes in the face.
Many people are ready to inject Botox to get rid of wrinkles without understanding the reasons for their appearance. They work not with the cause but with the effect.
Causes of Wrinkles
Active facial expressions are not the only reason for early facial wrinkles. There are several factors that affect the condition of the skin, a decrease in its firmness and elasticity:
- insufficient skincare;
- environmental impact (water quality, air pollution, climate (sharp fluctuations in humidity and air temperature));
- photoaging (frequent exposure to the sun, lack of skin protection from ultraviolet radiation);
- poor quality cosmetics;
- thin and dry skin (usually mimic wrinkles appear and become noticeable at the age of 30, but with this type of skin they can appear even before 25);
- congenital hyperactivity of muscle fibers in a certain area (the area around the eyes, on the forehead);
- diseases of internal organs;
- bad habits (smoking, alcohol).
In addition to the main reasons that provoke the appearance of facial wrinkles, there are also accompanying factors that make them more pronounced:
- hereditary predisposition;
- passion for solarium and sunbathing helps to reduce the firmness and elasticity of the skin;
- hormonal changes, due to which mimic wrinkles can become more noticeable;
- diet and lack of nutrients contribute to the deterioration of skin quality and the early appearance of wrinkles;
- stress and nervous shock (any stress has a negative effect on the skin);
- any active facial expressions (the habit of pursing the lips, the habit of frowning during a conversation, squinting, etc.) provokes the appearance of early wrinkles.
If age-related ones are formed at a more mature age, then the first mimic wrinkles appear early enough, and it is more difficult to resist them because our facial expressions are constantly working.
It should be noted that the fight against mimic wrinkles is immediately doomed to failure if you neglect skincare and do not monitor your health and since any skin changes largely depend on these factors.
Most Vulnerable Places
The earliest usually appear:
- around the eyes, the so-called “crow’s feet”;
- on the forehead and between the eyebrows;
- nasolabial folds.
Science Behind Causes of Wrinkles
The main reason for the appearance of wrinkles is age-related changes. With age, tissues become dehydrated, especially if there is no movement. The sliding of the fascial layers becomes difficult. Movements become constrained, limited.
Tissue ptosis, sagging, flews, nasolabial folds, double chin, and other changes in the face can be the result of an imbalance in the body. Facial specialists note that there is a connection between the appearance of ptosis on the face and pelvic floor problems.
Unworked areas in the pelvis against the background of scars from operations provoke a natural lowering of the face downward. This is not the root cause, but it contributes to premature aging.
Many women who have given birth several times by cesarean section confirm the appearance of a second and third chin.
Look at the body holistically, without building boundaries.
The circular muscles of the eyes and lips are attached to the sphincter system of the body. Jaw problems, problems with purse-string wrinkles around the lips, nasolabial folds can be the result of problems with the sphincters.
Deterioration of posture, whether it is an excessive thoracic extension or thoracic kyphosis (stoop), the position of the pelvis also affects the neck and face.
Vision problems are directly related to the deterioration of the upper third of the face, eyes. In this area, there are six oculomotor muscles, the deterioration in the work of which leads to a deterioration in the aesthetics of the face.
How to Get Rid of Wrinkles
Wrinkles are not only dehydration but tissue overstrain. Wrinkles are most often laid across the muscle fibers. When working with deep wrinkles, it is necessary to change the water-drinking regime, diet, lifestyle, daily movement regime. In addition, it is important to carry out work to restore the muscle tone of the tissues on the face. It is not necessary to swing, stretch the muscles on the face because all the muscles on the face are tied.
Problems in the middle and lower third of the face include nasolabial folds, flews, problems of the corners of the lips. When solving these problems, you need to pay attention to the chewing muscles. The chewing muscles are strong muscles that are involved in chewing.
Teeth clenching, which compensates for the lack of movement in the body, is also carried out at the expense of the chewing muscles. During stress, teeth can be clenched for several hours or all night. The chewing muscles are in a tight, spasmodic state. As a result, the layer of subcutaneous fat becomes thinner, joints and bones are deformed.
Recommendations of Cosmetologists
It is impossible to avoid the appearance of mimic wrinkles completely, but it is quite possible to slow down the aging process.
Prevention of the early appearance of mimic wrinkles must necessarily include:
- facial treatments: facial massage and deep cleansing improve skin condition and help delay the appearance of wrinkles;
- proper skincare must necessarily include creams, sun protection products, nourishing and moisturizing masks that are suitable for the condition and type of skin;
- timely injection and hardware procedures serve as an excellent prevention of skin aging;
- a healthy lifestyle is also very important: good sleep, sports, exercise, fitness exercises for the face, balanced nutrition, and the absence of bad habits are essential for beautiful and youthful skin.
Methods Neutralizing Causes of Wrinkles
There are many effective techniques that neutralize or hide the main causes of wrinkles:
- hardware correction of facial wrinkles (phototherapy, laser resurfacing, microcurrent therapy);
- botulinum therapy (Botox and other botulinum toxin-based drugs temporarily block the active work of facial muscles and thereby, by relaxing the muscle muscles, remove facial wrinkles on the forehead);
- contour correction with hyaluronic acid fillers to fill existing deep wrinkles;
- complex skincare procedures as prevention of the early appearance of wrinkles;
- PRP therapy (plasma lifting);
- SPRS therapy for the treatment of the skin and increasing its cellular potential, that is, the ability to heal itself;
- mesotherapy with a personalized cocktail of vitamins and nutrients;
- bio revitalization.
Before making injections in the clinic or testing other beauty procedures, it is important first of all to hear the expert opinion of a cosmetologist.
Each of the methods has its own indications and nuances. Its effectiveness in your case can only be assessed by a doctor in a face-to-face consultation.
Chewing Muscle Relaxation Technique
It is extremely important to relieve tension from the masticatory muscles, seek help from specialists. The temporomandibular joint enters the deep frontal line.
There is a technique for relaxing the chewing muscles that, when done daily, helps to avoid pain and snapping of the jaw. The technique also improves the condition of the face.
We grab the ledge in the cheek area with one hand. We prop the lower jaw with the thumb of the second hand. On inhalation – gently slide down from the zygomatic process. You can lightly squeeze the chewing muscle and perform circular movements. Repeat the same movements on the other side. Repeat the technique 5-7 times throughout the day, 2-3 times a day.
It would be best if you dealt with the face issues, but first, you need to solve problems with the body, i.e., causes of wrinkles.
More about this topic:
- MSM Supplement Helps Fight Mimic Wrinkles
- DMAE – Brain Health Supplement
- Wrinkles – Symptoms and causes – mayoclinic.org
Follow us on Social Media Platforms: